Monday, December 2, 2013

A gesture

Given that the Christmas season is almost here, I am working my way through the list of gifts I want to give.   For the children that will be visiting over the holidays, I think I am relatively well organized.  As they grow older, gifts are simpler since the focus is less on the gifts and more on the time spent together.  This may sound clichéd, but I feel this is a true statement.

One member of the extended family will not be with us and I was looking for a way to show our caring but not overwhelm with a monied present.  So my choice is an embroidered card with a message.  A gift of time and affection.

The recipient is a sensitive and creative person.  This small piece in silk on linen, mounted on a archival card seems so appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment