Saturday, August 6, 2011

Asian Violets - finished and framed

I've been calling this project 'asian violets' for the lack of a better name, but as I walked my garden this morning, there was one pink spiderwort left after the flowering the others, and I felt that its form was similar to the embroidery.  I was thrilled to know that there exists a blue spiderwort (transcendentia), so I think I shall rename this.  I suspected I might a little while ago.

This piece was of a very spontaneous nature;  the drawing had been sitting in a drawer for some time and with this empty week of projects, it was a gift I made myself to start and finish this simple subject.

My mother is visiting with us for the month of August.  She has always liked simple, clean designs and when she read my recent blogs, she contemplated the photos of this project a little longer than the others.

I have framed the piece and will place it in her room.  She may like to take it home with her when she leaves.  I hope so.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment