Saturday, July 30, 2011

Asian Violets - finished

I finished the project tonight while watching the first part of Ken Burns' remarkable retrospective of Baseball, a gift from our oldest and his wife, a thank you for their Canadian holiday.  There is a deep nostalgic element to this series, along with its well researched roots.   It is soothing to work with this as a backdrop.  I like to learn as I work.  It completes the experience.

The overall effect of the project is clean, pure, and I like the movement very much.  The Pearsalls silks are a joy to work with.  I have no idea what will happen to this project, but I am content that I gave it the time of the last weeks.  It will stay on my presentation 'ladder' until some idea will germinate.

The photography is not impeccable, but I was anxious to post an item tonight having not written for a few days.  I have been so focussed on the garden, weeding, splitting and planting in the new area by the lake.  The weather has been so perfect for being outside.  No bugs!

I think I shall try a new photo tomorrow and render the silks more luminous in the natural light of day.


Also, tomorrow, I plan to dig up and replant a whole bed of irises close to the lake's edge.   Irises need moisture and I fear that these particular bulbs have never flowered because of a lack of moisture.  As well, I am putting together some seedlings that I have discovered hiding under other large plants.   I'll give them to a neighbour who is starting a brand new garden having just finished the construction of her lake house.   I like the surprise of lifting up the hosta leaves and finding a seedling bush or other.  I have also cleaned out some astilbe and black eyed susan's from the 'birthday garden' to plant in my new lake garden.  Grass seed went down also today in this new area.  Have to remember to water this daily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment