Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pansies - a respite

I remember I had been working on a difficult silk project but was not doing very well.  Technically, I was experiencing some definite challenges and even though I kept plodding onwards, I was not convinced about the effect and was quickly giving up.  I even began to question whether I had lost my hand at needlepainting.  

As with many things, I needed some reassurance.  This pansy drawing had been sitting on my work table waiting for such a moment.  I quickly transferred the design onto Belgian linen.   Choosing the colours was regenerating. I set to work immediately.  Everything came together so quickly and naturally.  The colours were jumping off the linen.  There was something pure intertwined through the threads.

This project will leave the studio next week, in its antique gold frame with midnight blue matting boards trimmed with the same antique gold accent line.  The final result is small (15 cms x 25 cms framed), intimate, perfect as an silky accent in a classical décor.
My client picked it out of a selection of many... she went straight to it as if the piece chose her rather than the other way around.  

I'll be sad to see it go, but thrilled that someone else will enjoy viewing it daily.

Pansies (2009 - L'Art de l'Aiguille)

No comments:

Post a Comment