Monday, July 11, 2011

Blush Rose - the gift

I wish the resolution of this photograph was better.  I depend on sunshine to take my photographs since I am not equipped with very sophisticated cameras and it has been raining torrents for the last two days.  But I am really happy with the result.  The flowers jump off the linen and the luminosity rendered by the silk is wonderful.

The remaining pleasure is preparing my message which will include why the choice of subject and a little of my experience while I worked.  I anticipate two lovely days with this dear friend punctuated by visiting with her daughter who has returned from 3 months of travelling through Europe.  I have known this young daughter since she was 6 years old and have watched her grow into a young adult who has a dream to be a deep, unjudgmental, reflective adult. And my own daughter will arrive from Los Angeles.  Two devoted mothers with two loving daughters will spend an hour over lunch on Friday.  It will be rich and full of laughter as we share.

And I know that my friend will appreciate my gesture of this gift and will also understand that:

'The gift is to the giver, and comes back most to him (her) - it cannot fail....'  (Walt Whitman) 

No comments:

Post a Comment