Wednesday, July 20, 2011

William Morris - Bird Pillow -complete motif

The original design by Barbara Hammett called for a frieze around the central motif.  I have chosen not to do it at this time and have already begun a second motif by Morris, adapted by Hammett.

So here is the finished 4" x 4" design.  I completed it this weekend just before the power failure and while we were watching 'The King's Speech'.  Our daughter was visiting and it was a restful activity for my hands as we talked and watched the movie.  I have mounted it temporarily in a box frame.  When the other 2 designs are completed, I'll see what I shall do with the 3; possibly a single frame with a vertical or horizontal arrangement, the three separated by matting boards.

I am now planning another Redouté 'Rose'.. a long vertical, linear bloom... 

Stay posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment