Sunday, July 24, 2011

Asian Violets - inspiration/progress 3

 The watercolour of Angus Côté was my starting point.
It's simplicity was compelling.






In my interpretation, I added a few leaves to give body to my conception.  These long, slender forms are my favourite.  With the silk thread, using a satin stitch, the luminosity that is rendered is breathtaking.  The challenge is to keep a fluidity of movement in the angle of each stitch to reach the tip with a victorious final thread giving the leaf its essential precision.
I have a flower in the garden which produces a pink flower amongst its very linear leaves and although I have entitled this piece 'asian violet', I wonder if it resembles this pink flower in form a little more.  I have to ask my neighbour who gave me these root systems the name of this flower.  Then, I may change the name I have given this embroidery.

Just watched the last moments of the Tour de France.  How exciting to see Mark Cavendish come through with the win in the final étape.  I love his big smile and openness.  And then, the very reflective, composed and moving interview with Cadel Evans, the champion, finally.  

Mais 'chapeau' à tous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment