Friday, July 1, 2011

Blush Rose - painful progress 3

The leaves have given me lots of trouble, both in choice of colour, thread and technique.  I admit to have worked and reworked more than several times and I'm still not sure.  But I have decided to continue, finish, wash and stretch the piece and then decide whether the overall effect fits into my original idea and/or whether that spark which I intuitively feel when finishing is there.  Often, it is only after stretching and pressing and then turning the piece over to view on the right side do I have that sensation.

I am many hours away from that moment so I shall have to be patient and remain confident.  I remind myself that I often get into a bit of a dip during a difficult project and even sometimes begin to despair and rarely but sometimes give up.  Giving up is not an option this time.  

I plan to plant trees, baby ones, in a new part of the garden today, July 1st, Canada's birthday.  We have to clear the area of some old rooting systems.  It will be hard sweaty work and no doubt as I remove the debris from the earth I shall also remove the debris from my head and come to my project this evening fresh and rejuvenated and 'hopeful'.  

Nothing beats getting one's hands dirty to change one's outlook on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment