Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Blush Rose - finished but for framing

Well, relief.... the colours were fast, so there was no bleeding.   The next step is to stretch it over the plexi-glass which has been lined with linen.  I'll stitch the final piece, centred on the covered acrylique, ready for the matting board and frame.  Fortunately, I have all this ready and waiting in the studio.

It's humid here, so I have to be patient and see how the fabric moves with the changing humidity conditions.  The important thing is the make sure the piece is well centred and stretched with no play inside the opening before I put it in the frame.

It is pinned right now I'll wait until tomorrow to see how it responds to the change in atmospheric conditions.  If there is little movement, I'll stitch the piece around the edges to the lined acrylique and then trim the excess fabric.

I'll then prepare the glass and frame and put the whole piece together.  It is an exciting and highly gratifying part of preparing a piece.  I love the fact that I can do the preparations for final presentation in the studio.   All that will be left is to prepare a signed 'Certificate of Authenticity'  which guarantees the recipient that the piece was executed by the artist and explains the background of the piece.


Because of the investment of time, parallel to every embroidery a life, many lives are being lived, many stories are being played out.  I'll talk about this aspect of my work tomorrow on my blog.  All I know is that my work is a magical leveller of emotions.  Somehow, fixing one's eye on a very specific point, literally (i.e. where to make the next stitch and with what colour) allows one to take a distance from events that would otherwise drive you into a hole.


I'm not sure if the photos do justice to the effect of this piece, but I feel the roses jump off the canvas and this is a welcome discovery.   The weather people are announcing rain and grey tomorrow.  A good test for the fabric.   I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and see whether I have to make any adjustments.  I'm confident that all will be well. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment