Monday, July 4, 2011

Blush Rose - almost finished

I took this photo this afternoon during a busy day of maintenance work around the house.  Two friends came with an air compressor and doused the house with high pressure water to clean away the dirt of the last few years. Faulty door locks were fixed, door sweeps were replaced, dripping taps were repaired.  It was a great day.

And while all this was being done, I had time to sit quietly and work on the two remaining leaves.  I had struggled all week to find the answer on colour, nuance, density and movement and once I had discovered the key, everything seem to fall into place by itself.  I just had to nudge the threads over the shapes.

Tonight I put the stamens in and as I write the finished piece is soaking.... the last hurdle.  I pray none of the threads will bleed into the surrounding fabric.  I am confident.

I'll post the finished piece tomorrow or Wednesday.  We are bound for the city tomorrow since we are much in need of supplies and food.  It's been more than a week since we have ventured out of the forest so we are short of pretty much everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment