Sunday, January 22, 2012

Blue poppies - a rest


As a contrast and as a rest, I have started the poppy motif again but this time I am working with cotton floss and with a palette of grey-blues.  It is very restful, thanks to the ease with which cotton floss can be worked and the colour scheme.


I also do not anticipate any difficulties with the colour running so I feel quite at ease using the darker blues and greys for petals and stems.


I can also work on the 4 inch hoop in my hands, which also means that I can work sitting in an armchair and move from room to room with greater ease depending on whether I need to huddle by a warm fire (the temperatures have been around - 25 degrees Celsius) or quietly downstairs in the studio with the radio or the news.  


This was the progress of just one evening.  It'll be finished, barring any unforeseen problems, within the week,  I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment