Thursday, May 20, 2010

In my first blog a few days ago, I spoke of the three projects I was working on simultaneously. Here is the pattern (from Valerie LeJeune: 'Repertoire des Frises' Ed: Mango Pratique) of the cross stitch project which has its challenge in the thread I am using, a rayon thread which I have to split in order to work the 36 ct. linen ground.
I am currently doing the outer frame, which I call the 'cherry border'.

Despite the sometime frustrations of counting correctly, I love the delicacy of the effect of the ice blue rayon thread on the optic white even weave linen and the contrast of the darker blue rayon for the cherries. It looks like a delicate pearlized lace in the fabric, fresh and feminine.

The fact also that I don't have to think about where to put the needle, since the fabric guides the cross stitcher in her work, it makes a very restful activity.

I am not very far along in my work, but here is the first picture of my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment