Monday, May 31, 2010

Yesterday was an eerily strange day around the lake. The wind was strong and blowing the smoke from the forest fires which are burning up in the La Tuque area towards our area. It seemed that there was a risk that the flames were approaching us closer and closer.

It seemed it might rain so I was anxious to transplant some flowers from one part of the garden to another. I had the camera in my pocket as I worked and was able to capture this particular picture of a 'yellow swallowtail' feeding off the dandelions (there are lots right now!

On the tip of the wings in the back is a well-defined part in bright turquoise blue, outlined in black rather like a stained glass window.

Once again, I am reminded how nature brings a magnificent array of colour combinations which, for the embroiderer, is an endless source of creative food.

No comments:

Post a Comment