Sunday, May 16, 2010

Yesterday was one of those rare days when I had a little chance to actually embroider but instead visited a friend with whom I had worked with in the studio and therefore spent a little time talking about our common interest.

So this morning I was anxious to organize myself to get back to my ongoing projects. But the view from my studio is so beautiful and a cool breeze is blowing the black flies away from the garden, I am compelled to go dig in the earth and prepare the beds for plantings.

The garden provides ongoing inspiration to my work since there is nothing more beautiful than the colour combinations shown through nature. Also, the repetitive movements of gardening are very similar to those of embroidery and the satisfaction is often the same.

The projects will wait until the heat of the day brings the flies back to nibble at my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment