Sunday, March 13, 2011

Orange Frieze

Well, I have finished this piece. I started it quite some time ago and other projects have found their place in between, but here is a picture of the final embroidery.. 16 inches long, 2 inches wide... I'm not sure whether I shall make it into a small hanging or whether I will put it in a frame.

Already, I have begun another project, a design by Beth Russell again, called the 'Pimpernel Footstool'. In the same way as the Orange Frieze, rather than working it in wools, I will work it on a 28 count linen with 1 thread of DMC. The colour scheme is roughly the same as the Orange Frieze, without the coral colours.

It is always the colours that draw me to a project. We are also about to go travelling, so taking a challenging project, i.e. silk needlepainting which would be my other current project, is too difficult. However, I shall take the 'Arabesque' project with me in the hope of finding quiet time during these next two weeks to progress a little. I wonder though that just by the mere fact that I have an easier project close by that this may prevent me from going to the silk project. I'll find out soon enough. Question of self discipline, sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment