Thursday, May 19, 2011

Silk leaves

I put this design on the fabric more than a year ago and began working immediately. It is very detailed, complex and challenging. It was a design that I adapted from yet another swatch of fabric I had in my collection of prints. I worked several weeks on it and then became bogged down with the small blue and white flowers. I didn't like the way these harebells were sitting on the fabric but I didn't see an easy answer short of taking them out and starting again.

I gave the project a rest and moved on to something else, in fact, many something elses and now here I am a year later. Coming back to it with fresh eyes made me realize that it had some merit so I put it back in the frame and set it up on my work table. I have found renewed motivation and will start again with eager fingers tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment