Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Phoenix - a study (2)

I continued working on this challenging project today.  Minus 12 degrees Celsius early morning, a chilly walk to the gate and back (finally the technician was coming in to fix the motor on the heating system in the house - good timing!)


I had the whole day ahead of me to work.  Once the technician had left, nothing but quiet, open-ended time, and the pleasure of watching the colours jump off the fabric.


I'm working with Piper's silks.  I have chosen a palette of jewel colours, but I visualize primarily the Stewart blues for the plumage on the body and yellows and the Kreinick 002J gold thread for the tail feathers.   I'll experiment with the turquoise and teal greens.  I'd like to create an iridescent effect along with an illusion of feathery lightness.  I wonder how close I'll get to what I have in my mind's eye.









No comments:

Post a Comment