Monday, November 21, 2011

Phoenix - a study

I have been in another lull.  It has been hard to get back to work in my studio.  The cold weather is now here and we had some last minute things to take care around the house, not the least of which is finding the right tree in the garden to string up the Christmas lights.  But today, with some of these things now taken care of and because it is so cold outside, what greater joy is there but to  choose a new and exciting project to focus on and stay warm indoors.


The Japanese Embroidery Centre in Dunwoody, Georgia, puts out a catalogue of designs.  It is a treasure trove of inspiration.  The Phoenix is a design I have been thinking about for some years.  Today, I transferred it on to écru linen and tonight began working.  The colour scheme will be rich blues and gold threads.  I'll photograph the threads tomorrow and show the progress.  I'm excited about this project which should carry me through the Christmas planning and create that much needed oasis of quiet amidst the frenzy the holiday season creates.

No comments:

Post a Comment