Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Phoenix - a study (5)


I've made some significant progress on the Phoenix this week.  I also took away some of the work done last week.  It's interesting as I work with the various hues of each of the colours, how the addition of a new colour impacts the effect of another - welcome to the magic of how the eye makes its adjustment when another influence is in the visual path.


I plan to finish this piece before the family arrives for Christmas.  It's a goal which will make me work consistently until the 20th.. I like the feeling of a little pressure.


I think I have solved all the technical difficulties and am not convinced that my decisions have been the best.  When I am finished with the plumage in the tail, I may return to rework the body a little, but in the meantime it will remain as is.    Usually taking a distance from something and returning to it after a rest throws a different light on the troubling area.  I can then make any adjustments with a cool head.  I know I've said this before, but it bears repeating.  It is an approach that I try to apply to pretty much life in general!

No comments:

Post a Comment