Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Blush Rose - progress

The roses are coming along.  I had some technical difficulties with the stamens.  My first attempt made the centre look heavy which is hardly what the Rose Gallica has in reality.  After several tries, I think I have found the answer.  

I'll post more detailed photographs later when I am convinced that I have found all the technical answers.   Tonight I  started working on the buds which are part of the overall design and very soon, I know I shall be asking some serious questions relative to the colour choices for the several leaves in the lower section of the drawing.  I hope that my blue-green/green choice of palette works.

I am enjoying immensely the fact that I have a strict time line on this project.

It also seemed appropriate that this first progress photo was taken in the garden amongst the hostas.  It was a sparkling morning here and my silk roses seemed to find their place in the lush greenery with the sun shining through the shrubbery.   

To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment