Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Colours of the Arizona desert

My walk with Zeke inspired me to find the colours in my vast array of cotton and silk threads at the studio those that remind me of the cactii we admired. I started with just the greens and green/blues, but then I was reminded that depending on location and sun exposure and type, the 'pancake' cactus could be a purpley red, so this morning I added the colours at the top of the picture.

A sandy coloured linen would provide a suitable backdrop to whatever I decide to draw and embroider. I'm not sure what form this will take, but since I always like to be conceptualizing a project while working on another, this arrangement of threads and fabric will sit visible to my eye on my work table for the next while and slowly something will emerge and be committed to paper.

Moving forward in a figurative sense is always a daily focus. Doing it with colour and textures makes for rich and satisfying days. Stay tuned for the progress on this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment