Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wild blue Flax - complete setting

The first placemat is finished and the sprig of wild blue flax is nestled on the left hand side parallel with the hem. While wandering yesterday in my favourite shop for colourful household linens, I found 6 periwinkle blue cotton napkins which seemed to mirror the blue that I had chosen for the flowers. I didn't have the actual thread samples with me, so I took the risk that I had registered that rich blue correctly in my mind's eye.

They are perfect. I can see that my summer dining table will be very jolly and a change from the yellow sunflower embroidered linen place mats I have been using for the last couple of years.


And to my luck I found some fuschia napkins which picked up the colour of the f
lowers in my other project which is well under way.

No comments:

Post a Comment