Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Summer gift

It's a good feeling to come back into my studio after a long absence. I'm drawn quickly into the colours, the ideas, the books, the drawings and the threads that I intentionally leave out in plain view. I always see all this as a type of food, soul food, which is not a particularly original statement, but very pertinent for me.

I left this project on my work table as a reminder that I still have a gift to embroider for a good friend - two runners which will be placed across the width of her new dining room table creating place for 4 settings. The spray of flowers will be embroidered to the left of where each of the settings will be. Once I have begun and in the groove, the project should not take long to embroider. Sometimes I take a little while to start the final embroidery and, in truth, maybe I need to feel a certain urgency. My deadline for this gift is late June since my friend's birthday is in early July.

No comments:

Post a Comment