Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Silk work - progress report 2


I finally picked up this project again. Coming home from our travels, there are always a number of things to take care of, but the natural rhythm of our days has taken over and I am able to organize the day a little more around my work. This is a difficult project and I am not always in a state of mind to focus hard.

I have begun working on the central flower and yesterday completed the first petal and some of the detail. One thing I do like is my choice of palette and the colours feed me which renders the pleasure of working all the more intense.

I am reminded as I work with this very fine thread, Pipers, that I have to place a lot of stitches before I sense the density of colour on the fabric. Regularity in the stitches is also essential. There is no room for margin. Thus the challenge before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment