Thursday, April 21, 2011

I found a pencil drawing of this arrangement in my files. I had copied it from a painting by T. Nolet. I wish I could remember where I saw this. Is it from one of my many books? Not sure. Anyway, here is the drawing which I then put colour to. I like the simplicity of the lines and am compelled to translate it to silk on linen. It is called 'Wild Blue Flax' or 'Linum Perenne'.

So, as I am wont to do, while I may be working on 4 other projects right now (Pimpernel Cushion, place setting for a friend, another William Morris adaptation, and my difficult silk piece) I am getting ready for the next project. The Pimpernel Cushion, while not finished, is close to being so, so I need to put a new project on the table.

I think I have mentioned this before, but when I finish something, there is a bit of a mental lull which I hate so by keeping the ideas lined up, I offset this unhappy period.

I'll put my palette up on the blog when I have made the selection. It'll definitely be those wonderful rich blues again. And maybe I'll change the proportions and use the Pearsall silks as opposed to the Pipers... to give a little more texture. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment